The festival lineup features some of the best bluegrass and Americana bands in the nation including:
• Out of the Desert: The local Las Vegas band returns to the festival. Out of the Desert has been performing bluegrass together for years. They have performed at a variety of festivals and local venues.
• Fog Holler: With five-string banjo, mandolin, guitar, bass fiddle and soaring harmonies, Fog Holler’s original music blends bluegrass, old-time and country. The four-piece band promotes itself as “a spectral band that channel the spirits of bluegrass past and future,” and has made a name for itself in the bluegrass scene.
• High Fidelity: Winner of the 2014 International Band Championship, High Fidelity interprets classic-era bluegrass with a fresh young perspective. The band consists of five musicians who have won contests and performed with a number of groups, including The Chuck Wagon Gang.
• Nu Blu: This North Carolina-based band delivers a set of songs that range from the melancholy to the exuberant. Their sound captures the attention of the soul with storytelling lyrics that go straight to the heart. At the helm of the group is husband-and-wife duo Daniel and Corlyn Routh, who also co-host Bluegrass Ridge Radio and the Bluegrass Ridge TV Show.
• Steel Betty: Described as “distinctively Austin,” Steel Betty embraces the city’s eclectic culture to create musical flavors of bluegrass, folk, blues, Tex-Mex, old time and classic country. Additionally, the trio conducts workshops for aspiring musicians and interactive programs for schools.
• Blue Highway: This award-winning band has been performing for more than 25 years. The “Country Standard Time” described their work as “modern acoustic music with respect for tradition.” They continue a rich legacy, carried by three songwriters and vocalists, supported by harmonies created with a banjo and dobro.
In addition to music, the festival will have food, beer and craft vendors. Artisan vendors interested in participating in the festival must submit the Artisan Booth/ Vendor Application by Saturday, Feb. 15.
Children will be able to enjoy a festival area designed just for them, with games and activities programmed for them throughout the festival.
As the event offers lawn seating, guests are encouraged to bring low-back chairs and blankets to be more comfortable. For more information, call 702-229-ARTS (2787) or visit www.ArtsLasVegas.org.